Updated: Jan 28, 2021
I can easily share some of the traditional meal prepping, healthy eating & snack swaps I’ve shared before, but this post is about those hacks we don’t normally hear or see! So here’s 6 UNORTHODOX
HACKS TO HEALTHY EATING!
1. Slow Down: Studies show people who designate time to eat & eat slower are less likely to be obese than those who eat at faster paces and on the go. Our bodies need about 20 minutes to realize we are full & if you are scarfing down your meals you won’t have time for those receptors to go off thus leading to overeating.
2. Replace your favorite fast food restaurant: Eating out is fun & yummy but Upgrade your fast food options, instead of McDonalds or In n Out, try a higher quality burger at a place like Mooyah or a sit-down restaurant. Simply put, don’t eat cheap ingredients, food and avoid drive-thrus.
3. Always eat your greens first: By eating your veggies first you’ll ensure you eat them while you are your hungriest. Eating your veggies before a carb-rich meal has been shown to have beneficial effects on blood sugar levels.
4. Choose a baked potato over French fries: Potatoes are filling & yummy, that said, the way we prepare them determines their health effects. For instance, 100 grams of baked potatoes contain 94 calories, while the same amount of French fries contains 319 calories.
5. Eat popcorn instead of chips: Potatoes are filling & yummy, that said, the way we prepare them determines their health effects. One baked potato is 100 grams of baked potatoes contain 94 calories, while the same quantity of French fries contains 319 calories.
6. Stay Away from “DIET” foods: The word “diet” can be deceiving and so many believe it means “restrictive or planned method of eating to lose weight” but diet really means, the way one eats consistently. There is no such thing as DIET FOODS, and just because an item claims to be a “diet food” doesn’t mean it’s a healthier options. “Diet” foods are often labeled, “fat-free,” “low-fat,” “fat-reduced” or “low-calorie,” but to compensate for that lost flavor and texture that fats provide, sugar and other ingredients are often added.
Simply put, if what you’re doing now isn’t yielding desired results, lets switch it up and do things differently. Take one of my 6 Unorthodox Healthy Hacks and implement it today!