Burning Fat is the key to changing your body composition inside & out. But how does one BURN FAT and not BURN FUN right out of there life? Follow my 7 Rules to Burning Fat and let’s turn you into a leaner, meaner, fat burning machine!
1. Create a Caloric Deficit: A calorie deficit occurs when you consume fewer calories than your body expends. Stick to calorie deficit of 300-500 calories per day for an effective, healthy and sustainable weight loss.
Action Item: Follow the 80/20 Rule. Use a calorie tracking app until you get a handle of your portion control & serving sizes.
2. Avoid Sugar & Processed Foods: Liquid Calories like sweet coffees, boba, alcohol, wine & beer is usually full of sugar which is the arch nemesis to fat burning. And if you add sugar and processed foods, you’ll never see the results you want. Drink more water, implement protein shakes, bcaas, and unsweetened tea if you truly want to drop body fat.
Action Item: Keep drinking & desserts to every few weeks. Avoid sugary coffees, drinks & sodas. Eliminate processed foods, cakes, cookies & chips. Refer to the 80/20 Rule.
3. Exercise for 30 minutes at 3x per week: You don’t have to workout every day for an hour but do make exercise apart of your weekly routine. Most experts suggest 3-4 Days a week of physical activity for at least 30 minutes.
Action Item: Even if you don’t have the energy just start with 10 minutes and see where that goes.
4. Pair it with a Protein: Protein is the key to building lean muscle, keeps you full longer & helps you burn fat.
Action Item: Find protein sources you enjoy, add a protein shake to your daily routine & add snacks like tuna & turkey wraps with pickles.
5. Fill up on Veggies: Make sure you create meals that are heavy in dark green veggies. And remember, you must cook your veggies in a healthy manner if you want to reap their fat burning benefits.
Action Item: Eat your veggies & protein first & then finish your carbs after completing those two. This trick will help you fill up on the components you most likely to avoid.
6. Increase your Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis: Take the stairs, park further out & make an evening walk apart of your after-dinner routine. The more non exercise activity you have the more you’ll burn fat.
Action Item: Take a walk after lunch or dinner, you know we’ve got to eat, so it’s one routine you know you can stick to.
7. Be Consistent. Give yourself Grace: Enjoy the Process. You’re probably learning something new, don’t be too hard on yourself. Yes, hold yourself accountable to the BIG PICTURE, but be proud of all the small steps & little moments that reflect how far you’ve come.
Action Item: If you don’t feel completely confident, check in with me!!
It’s all about consistency, so instead of focusing on perfection, focus on being better than you were last week, last month, last year.